LesvosOnline.gr
www.lesvosonline.gr  © 2013-2022 All Rights Reserved                                                                                                              E-mail: info@lesvosonline.gr
Welcome in paradise!
A view of the quay from the northern side

Tzivoglu Publishing, early 20th century
The port entrance. The light-house can be identified at the end of jetty on the right side of the port.

Tzivoglu Publishing, early 20th century
The port of Mytilene
The building which houses the First Instance Court today, can be seen high up on the hill where the castle is located.

Houtzaiou Publishing, 1930
A view of the port. The church of St Therapon can be seen in the top right corner.

Houtzaiou-Kemerli Publishing, 1930
(Post card sent in 1936)
Odos Teloneiou (Customs Str.)
(present-day Archipelagos St.)

The old Port Authorities with its Turkish flag at full-mast can be seen on the left. The buildings alongside, that once were the Customs house buildings, were torn down and the land now forms part of Plateia Sapphous (Sappho’s Square). The first building on the right was destroyed by fire and a magnificent building, “Lycabetus” Hotel, was erected in its place.

Tzivoglu Publishing, early 20th Century
(Post card sent in 1919)
A view of Odos Teloneiou (Customs St.) The “Pillars” can be identified on the left.

Tzivoglu Publishing, early 20th Century
(Post card sent in 1908)
The quay of Mytilene. “Koumerkaki” can be identified in front of “Great Britain” Hotel.

Tzivoglu Publishing, early 20th century
(Post card sent in 1910)
“Koumerkaki”, in other words the Passport Control Building is visible.

Maison HomS re Publishing (Smyrna), early 20th century